KPM PORCELAIN PLAQUE HEIMATLOS 1

KPM PORCELAIN PLAQUE HEIMATLOS

Category:

A KPM Porcelain Plaque late 19th century finely painted after Wilhelm Kray a full-length portrait of a gypsy musician with a tambourine in her right hand standing before a stone wall and a harp

Signed indistinctly lower right possibly Schinzel

KPM orb and sceptre impressed marks impressed 237 158 framed

Size: plaque 24cm by 16cm
framed 29.5cm by 21 cm

Price SOLD

The Royal Porcelain Manufacture Berlin (Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur Berlin) (KPM) was founded in 1763 by Frederick II of Prussia (Frederick the Great). Its actual origins however lie in three private enterprises which under crown patronage were trying to establish the production of white gold (porcelain) in Berlin from the mid 1800s onwards

KPM Plaques carry the sceptre stamp and monogram and usually the size. In the late 19th/early 20th century the blank porcelain plaques were primarily provided by the Hutschenreuther factory. These plaques often have a number code (usually 3 digits sometime 2) that identified the size of the plaque. Some are also stamped with the factory mark